This promotion is intended for play and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Please do not participate if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
Important: Please read these rules before entering the O'Reilly Macworld iPod Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") sponsored by O'Reilly Media, Inc. (the "Sponsor"). By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 OR OLDER IN AL AND NE, 18 OR OLDER IN ALL OTHER STATES) AND WHO PRESENT AN OFFICIAL CONFERENCE BADGE FOR MACWORLD 2006 FOR SCANNING BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF SPONSOR. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Official Rules: O'Reilly's Macworld iPod Sweepstakes.
2. Winner Selection: The Prizewinner will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received, to be held on January 20, 2006. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding on all matters relating to the sweepstakes.
3. Prize/Odds of Winning: There is one prize to be awarded: a video iPod, which has an approximate value of US $299. The odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entrants. The prize will be awarded, provided it is properly claimed
4. Winner Notification: The Prizewinner will be notified by e-mail. Sponsor is not responsible for changes for any change of e-mail address. Any prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within seven (7) days after notification of prize award will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate prizewinner. Prize is not transferable. No cash redemptions. No substitutions or exchanges of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize that becomes unavailable. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF PRIZE IS AT THE WINNER'S OWN RISK.
5. Sponsor and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, and agencies will not be responsible for (1) any late, lost, or misrouted entries or errors in transmission; (2) any disruptions to Internet connection or badge scanning technology, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (3) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
6. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind and shall not be liable for failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, or delayed electronic communications utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify and/or cancel the Sweepstakes.
7. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the continental United States who are of the age of majority in their state of residence (19 or older in AL and NE, 18 or older in all other states) at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, and related companies, and their respective agencies and agents and immediate family members of such are not eligible.
8. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PRIZE WINNER. Prizewinner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity, liability and other release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate prizewinner will be selected.
9. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE SPONSOR AND ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE AND/OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL) WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, CONTRIBUTION, OR ANY OTHER THEORY.
10. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and/or prize information, without limitation, for any advertising, promotional, trade, or any other purpose, without further compensation to, or permission from, the Prizewinner.
11. Winner's List: For the names of the Prizewinner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to O'Reilly Media, Inc., Marketing Department, attn: iVideo iPod Sweepstakes, 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472. Requests must be received within sixty (60) days from the end of the Sweepstakes Period and will be shipped when all prizes have been awarded.
12. The Sweepstakes will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Sebastopol, California.
Sponsor: O'Reilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Hwy North, Sebastopol, CA 95472.
The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2006 by O'Reilly Media, Inc.
The O'Reilly logo is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.